Apparently Westley has decided he likes living in an interfaith household. He thinks the Christmas tree is delicious and doesn't understand why we keep taking the greens away. We're going to have to think long and hard about how to decorate it this year. Nothing fragile, that's for sure!
Last night when I went to light the Chanukah candles, we muted the television, and I joked to Nick that I would not ask him to mute the puppy, who happened to be running around chewing on a squeaky toy at the time. However, when I started putting candles into the menorah, Westley came over to sit down and watch. The moment I started lighting Chanukah candles and singing the blessings, he dropped the toy, and he sat in rapt attention until I was done. The moment I finished, he barked, as if to say, "Take THAT, Syrian Greeks!"
I'm just glad he didn't start howling when I started singing. ;-) That would have been a sting to my meager pride.
No comments:
Post a Comment